Open Water Pool and Academics
PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Part 1 the on-line academic course, (Link will be emailed to you)
- Part 2 the pool session (1 Day)
- Log book (provided day of class)
- Student record file (provided day of class)
- Certification card (provided on completion of part 3)
- If you dont see a date that works for you, just give us a call and we'll set one up for you.
- Pool sessions booked 7 days a week in our on-site 12' deep heated pool
See full course discription and regular scheduled class dates bellow
- Private Classes Available
- Do (Part 3) Ocean Dives off our Private Boat (out of Monterey)
- Secured Student Lockers
- We provide you a Towel
- FREE Snacks, Juices, and Water in our Remolded Classroom & Breakroom
- Located in Historic Downtown Novato, Calf.
Availability: In Stock
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
PADI Open Water Certification Course
Welcome to Pinnacles Dive Center! The goal of your instructor and the staff is not only to help you develop the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent divers but also make your training safe, comfortable and FUN! The course starts with an easy home study program, then a day in the pool followed by two days of open water dives.
The certification course is in 3 parts
Part 1: Home Study doing the PADI On-line E-Learning Course (about 8 hours) or you can also choose to do the Book and Video option instead of the on-line course. The book option adds about 2 hours of Classroom time to the course. Each method includes required Log Book, Student Record file and Certification processing fee.
Part 2: Class & Pool Sessions in our on-site heated pool (one day). Normally 9 am to about 4 or 5 pm. We will supply the wetsuit and scuba kit for the pool session
Part 3: Open Water Dives (4 Dives done over 2 days) $100. For your Diving weekend, if you choose to rent, we offer a wet suit and scuba gear package for just $79. The best scenario of course, is to purchase your gear before your class and get used to it during class. The choice is yours.
Open Water Dive options Click here to book Open Water Certification dives
- Monterey shore (San Carlos Beach)
- Channel Islands Live Aboard Boat. Add $416 for boat charter (Truth Aquatics)
- Lake Tahoe (Meeks Bay in Summer)
- Do on your Vacation or one of our trips
Required Personal Gear: Scuba Quality Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots. We have a large selection and give student discounts. You will also need a Whistle and Surface Marker for your open water dives if finishing in California. Student receive a 10% discount.
Required Homework: By the start of class, students must have Read, Watched Videos and completed knowledge reviews for all five modules (chapters). On-line students complete the quizzes and final exam on-line then print and bring to class the e-record (on-line record form).
Before Signing up for the course, please review the . If you answer “yes” to any question, you must have a signed physician’s release prior to starting the class. Forms are provided.